Posted on : 2013-10-27
It is notified to all the students of BBA/BCA/BE that University Examination Time Table has been published. For further details please contact respective department HODs.
Time table can be downloaded from university website.
Posted on : 2013-10-27
Date : 2070/8/20To : BBA/ BCA 2nd, 4th and 6th Semester StudentsSubject : Qualify Exami... Read More
- Posted on : 2013-10-28 Out of 27 contestants, she was, at first, selected for the top-ten position. Her performance was very good in the individual round in which talent of the contestants are apprised. Then she was able to nominate herself among top-five candidates. When Sadkishya Shrestha former "Miss Nepal 2010" asked ... Read More
- Posted on : 2013-10-12Admission is going on in following faculties:Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)(Few seats available)Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA)(Few seats available)BE (Civil) (Few seats available)BE (Electrical and Electronics) (Few seats ... Read More
- Pure Science (Bio Science)
- Pure Computer Science
- Management with Computer Science
- Hotel Management with Computer Science
- Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- BE-Electrical and Electronics
The student's academic performance during a semester will be evaluated internally by the college and externally (the final examination) by the university. Internal evaluation will be done by the teaching Faculty and it will be of 50% weight. The remaining 50% will be the final examination, conducted by University.
To pass a particular course, a student must obtain a minimum of D grade in sectional work (average of internal assessments) and the final examination, separately.
The students must attend every lecture, tutorial, seminar and practical classes. However, to accommodate for sickness and other contingencies, the attendance requirement shall be a minimum of 80% of the classes in any particular subject, otherwise s/he shall not be allowed to take the final examination in that subject. If a student is continuously absent in the class for more than four weeks without notifying the authorities, his/her name will be removed from the college roll.
The grades (makes) awarded to student in a course is based on his/her consolidated performance in seasonal and final examinations. The letter grade in any particular subject is an indication of a student's relative performance in that course. The pattern of grading will be as follows:
Letter Grade Grade point
A 4.0 Excellent
B 3.0 Good
C 2.0 Satisfactory
D 1.0 Minimum Requirement
F 0 Falling
In unusual circumstances, the student may be awarded an incomplete grade of "I". If all the requirements are not completed within the following semester, the grade of "I" will be automatically converted to "F". A student receiving an "I" grade does not need to register for that subject in the following semester to complete the required works.
The performance of a student in a semester will be evaluated in terms of the semester grade point average (SGPA). The student's final grade will be calculated on cumulative grade point average (CGPA).
SGPA= Total honor points earned in a semester/total number of credits registered in a semester. CGPA= Total honor points earned/total number of credits completed.
In Pokhara University, CGPA 2.5 or more and 3.0 or more are considered as Second and First divisions, respectively.
The Dean's list recognizes outstanding performances of academic excellence by students. To qualify, a student must obtain a CGPA of 3.7 or better.