Oxford Higher Secondary School (OHSS) is one of the wings of the ISO 9001:2008 Certified Oxford College of Engineering and Management, Gaindakot, which always takes technical and quality education as the back bone of this era. With this perspective OHSS is providing different kinds of programs giving a number of elective (choice) subjects which are more practical oriented for the students to address the recent needs of the changing society in terms of technical & professional achievement. The motto of OHSS is to provide quality education to uplift educational standard by creating good academic environment.
The faculty offers an integrated package in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics. The program aims to equip students with a level fit for further studies in technology, medicine, engineering and biotechnology. Plus two in Science is for those students who have an aptitude for science and mathematics. This program aims to develop strong foundation in students. On completion students can pursue their further studies in medicine, engineering or other science related studies.
This is for the students opting to create a career in the field of Science and Technology. 10 + 2 education in science entitles a student the eligibility to pursue a career in the field of Medicine, Engineering and other applied and therotical natural science sectors.
- 1. Computer Group: This is for the students interested in Computer and allied fields.
- 2. Physical Group: This also for students opting for Engineering and allied fields of Physical Sciences.
- 3. Biological Group: This is for the students interested in medicine and allied fields as well as Bio Sciences.
OHSS presently offers Computer Science &
Bio-Science consists of the following subjects:
Pure Computer Science consists of the following Subject:
The college is committed to the following objectives:
• To provide opportunities for higher education through modern tools & techniques.
• To improve the teaching/learning process in each & every department and faculty by applying problem
based learning/teaching with alternative methods.
• To be a national level college by increasing educational standard providing multinational standard
• To prepare morally, socially, and culturally-oriented educated man power.
• Students having completed SLC with second division or in any equivalent examination in any discipline
from any institution recognized by SLC Board of Nepal are eligible to apply.
• Scholarship Scheme: OHSS has allocated some, merit scholarship as well as scholarship for poor and
honest/intelligent, disable and the under privileged students. Special schemes are there for the sake of
• Academic Schedule: The students of class 11 have to stay in the college for 2 academic years according
to Higher Secondary Education Council’s schedule which start just after the SLC result of every year.